When building a cap table for a company that has already been incorporated, you must provide information about the share classes.
If you have incorporated a company on the Clara platform, this step will be completed automatically once the incorporation is complete.
This article explains how to add one share class. If you have multiple share classes, you will need to complete these steps for each share class.
1. Click on 'Go to share classes page' button, or click on 'Share classes' in the left menu panel of the cap table.
2. Click on Add an existing share class
3. Name your share class (e.g. Ordinary A, Ordinary B, Common)
4. Give your share class a prefix (e.g. OA)
This shorthand is used signify the share class in the cap table
5. State the number of authorised shares available
Please refer to your constitutional documents to see the number of authorised shares in your company. This can be found in your Register of Members.
6. State the par value of your share class
Please refer to your constitutional documents to see the par value of the share class. This can be found in your Register of Members.
7. State the price per share of the class
This is likely to be the same as the par value
8. State the number of votes that each share is entitled to.
Please refer to your constitutional documents. This can be found in your Register of Members.
9. Select a board approval date
The sate that your shareholders or board of directors approved the creation of this class. This could be the date of incorporation, please check your constitutional documents. This is optional and you can leave empty.
10. Click on Save
10. Publish your share class
Once you have reviewed the details are correct, make sure to publish this share class